Hey! If you don’t know me, I’m Dawn; Raleigh headshot photographer. Are you guilty of having a headshot on your various social media accounts, your LinkedIn page, or your website that looks nothing like you? Well then this article is for you!
Hey Raleigh Headshot Photographer…Why Do I Need A New Headshot?
A headshot is more than just a photo. It is a representation of who you are for the industry that you are a part of. The purpose of a headshot is to portray who you are to your target audience, as well as give them a level of confidence in who you are as a professional. A good headshot will portray you as being likable. Because after all, most people hire who they like first and then everything else follows.
As a branding and headshot photographer in the Raleigh-Durham North Carolina area, I wanted to share with you some tips on when to know that it’s time to update your headshots.
1. You should always update your head shots after a major hairstyle change. The one thing that you always want when it comes to your headshot is for your image to be as exact to your current look. So if you undergo a major look, such as coloring your hair, cutting your hair, growing your hair longer, etc., be sure to update your headshot.
2. That being said; if you have had major weight loss, weight gain, or you have had some type of cosmetic procedure done to your face, you should think about updating your headshot. The one thing that is very, very important, and I cannot stress it enough, is that who you are in person should match your headshot.
3. If none of the above apply, it’s good practice to have your headshots done every year. A lot can change in a years time. To make scheduling your headshot appointment easier, think of it like your annual doctors appointment. It might help to schedule your headshot session around your birthday. Scheduling your headshot session around the time of your birthday will help you remember to get it done. And as a bonus for my ladies, you can get your hair and makeup done for your session and go out to celebrate your birthday afterwards! Winning!
4. Applying for a new position? Update that headshot! First impressions are everything, and a current headshot geared toward the types of positions that you are interviewing for can set you apart from other candidates. In addition, an updated headshot can also give you an added boost of confidence when applying for new positions.
5. And last but not least, you should update your headshot if you are changing industries. A headshot for a corporate position is going to probably have a different feel than a headshot for your own business or a more creative position. If you want to effectively speak to your new audience, a new headshot might do the trick.
Here is a list of areas where you’ll be needing a headshot;
- Speaking Engagements
- Board of Directors
- Social Media
- Company Directory
- Email Footer
- Digital and Print Marketing Materials
- Business Social Media Pages
And if any of the above apply to you, click here to schedule time with me to come up with a strategy for getting you some headshots that appeal to your target audience!